The Firms, Labor Markets, and Development Workshop seeks to promote the exchange and dissemination of new research in the field of development economics and its intersections with industrial organisation, international trade, labour economics, and migration.
The workshop will be held on 22-23 June 2023 at the Collegio Carlo Alberto in Turin, Italy, and it is planned as an in-person event. The keynote speaker will be Elias Papaioannou (London Business School). Limited budget is available upon request to cover accommodation expenses for up to two nights.
The workshop calls for papers covering, but not limited to:
- Firm and sectoral productivity
- Access to foreign markets
- Firms in hostile environments
- Growth and structural transformation
- Technology adoption, learning, and diffusion
- Industrial policy
- Labour market frictions
- Refugees and forced displacement
Completed papers and/or extended abstracts should be submitted filling this online form. The deadline to submit is 15 April. Authors of selected papers will be informed by April 28.
- Francesco Amodio, McGill University
- Michele Di Maio, Sapienza University of Rome
- Mariapia Mendola, University of Milan Bicocca and Centro Studi Luca d’Agliano
- Marco Sanfilippo, University of Turin and Collegio Carlo Alberto