How To Apply Online
This guide explains how to use the online application portal.
SRG Frequently Asked Questions
Find out the answers to frequently asked questions on our application process.
Preparing Your Application
Please note that you must use the templates provided at the bottom of this page for the proposal and budget. Projects that do not use these templates may be rejected before evaluation.
You need to prepare the following material for your application for an SRG in advance of accessing the online application portal.
- Project title
- Project abstract
- Contact details and CVs for all investigators
- Proposal. The proposal template can be found at the bottom of this page. This is the main description of the project and should include a discussion of each of the following elements. The total length of sections 1 through 8 should not exceed five pages with a minimum font size of 11 and single spacing.
- Policy relevance and country focus
- Relevance to STEG
- Detailed work plan
- Expected outputs
- Contributions to expanding the field
- Budget narrative
- Intellectual property rights
- Open and enhanced access to research outputs
- Budget. The budget template and guidelines can be found at the bottom of this page. This provides a detailed breakdown of how the funds will be used under the grant.
Our SRG Frequently Asked Questions can help provide answers to many of the questions you may have when preparing these materials and submitting your application. Once prepared, we recommend reading our 'How To Apply Online' guide to take you through the online application portal.
Proposals (including all supporting documents) must be submitted in English. Where any required supporting document cannot be obtained in English, a translation verified and approved by an official authority must be submitted.
All financial information contained in the proposed budget must be expressed in pounds sterling (GBP). Awards will be specified, and grant payments will be made in pounds sterling (GBP).
All costs incurred by the applicant in the course of the submission process/ application procedure must be borne by the applicant. STEG will not provide financial assistance to applicants.
If you wish to learn more about the application process for our SRG programme, please consult our SRG Applicant Guide, SRG Budget Guidelines and SRG FAQs through the links below, or alternatively, contact the STEG Team at [email protected].