STEG is hosting a wide range of events in the coming months. Don't miss out on your opportunity to present, and make sure to read the latest working papers released under the new STEG WP Series.
The STEG Theme Workshops 2022 are accepting papers to present until 7 July. Find workshop dates and apply below!
STEG will be jointly holding the 2022 Annual Meeting of the CEPR Macroeconomics and Growth Programme on 17-18 November. Apply to present before 8 July!
The STEG Working Paper Series has released two more papers this June. Take a look at the papers below and find out if you are eligible to submit your own paper!
The Fourth Ideas for Transformation Call is hosting a Q&A Session tomorrow, Friday, 1 July. Join us to find out more about what we are looking for!
Recordings from the presentations at the Ninth Workshop on Structural Transformation and Macroeconomic Dynamics are now available. In case you missed it, find the links below!
Proposals from the Second Larger Research Grants Call, Third Ideas for Transformation Call, Fourth Small Research Grants Call, and Third PhD Research Grants Call are currently under evaluation.
Lastly, don't forget to get all the dates for upcoming calls and events in your calendar!
The STEG Team
Theme Workshops 2022 - Call for Papers
The call for papers for all workshops closes 7 July. We welcome applications from all researchers, especially those funded under STEG grants, working on structural transformation, productivity, and economic growth in low- and middle-income countries, and Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia in particular.
These thematic workshops have a dual purpose within the broader STEG programme. First, they are a way of attracting, strengthening, and widening the community of interested scholars. Second, they will play a role in helping to share knowledge of the current research frontier and in identifying open research questions.
Annual Meeting of CEPR Macroeconomics and Growth Programme - Call for Papers
STEG is excited to announce it will be jointly holding the 2022 Annual Meeting of the CEPR Macroeconomics and Growth (MG) Programme. This will be held on 17-18 November in Dublin and hosted by the University of Notre Dame's Dublin Global Gateway.
We invite submissions from interested researchers on any topic within the area of macroeconomics and growth, and especially encourage papers from STEG's core areas of focus; i.e. issues related to structural transformation in low-income economies.
The deadline for submission is Friday, 8 July 2022. To submit a paper, please go to: https://portal.cepr.org/meetings/1629/info.
New Papers under the STEG WP Series
Two papers have been published under the STEG Working Paper Series in June:
- WP004: The Long-Run Development Impacts of Agricultural Productivity Gains: Evidence from Irrigation Canals in India from Sam Asher, Alison Campion, Douglas Gollin, and Paul Novosad
- WP005: The Effects of Climate Change on Labor and Capital Reallocation from Christoph Albert, Paula Bustos, and Jacopo Ponticelli
If you are interested in submitting your research to the STEG Working Paper Series, please contact the STEG Team at [email protected].
We accept papers produced through STEG-funded projects and welcome papers from researchers directly affiliated with STEG as well as researchers' papers that have been presented at STEG-funded events including our Annual Conference and Theme Workshops.
Fourth I4T Call Q&A Session
STEG is inviting applications to the Fourth Call for Proposals for Ideas for Transformation (I4Ts) until Monday, 25 July.
We will be holding an open Q&A session tomorrow on Friday, 1 July, at 13:00 BST (GMT+1) with STEG’s Academic Leaders, Doug Gollin and Joe Kaboski. This provides prospective applicants the opportunity to find out more about the I4T initiative and to clarify what STEG is looking for from applicants. If you are interested in attending this open session, please let the STEG Team know at [email protected].
IX Workshop on Structural Transformation and Macroeconomic Dynamics - Recordings Available Now
We hope you were able to join us for the Ninth Workshop on Structural Transformation and Macroeconomic Dynamics at the end of May. Over the two days, we heard ten excellent presentations on some of the latest and highest-quality research within the field.
If you weren't able to attend the workshop or if you would simply like to go back and review any of the presentations, the programme can be found here while recordings of the individual presentations can be found here.
Calls under Evaluation
- Second Larger Research Grants Call - decisions expected by early July
- Third Ideas for Transformation Call - decisions expected by end of July
- Fourth Small Research Grants Call - decisions expected by end of August
- Third PhD Research Grants Call - decisions expected by end of August
- Theme Workshops 2022 - call for papers closes 7 July
- 2022 Annual Meeting of CEPR Macroeconomics and Growth Programme - call for papers closes 8 July
- Fourth Ideas for Transformation Call - closes 25 July
- Fifth Small Research Grants Call - opens early July
- Fourth PhD Research Grants Call - opens early July
- Third Larger Research Grants Call - opens late July
Find a provisional call timeline for future calls here.
- Fourth I4T Call Q&A Session - 1 July
- Theme Workshops 2022 - 8-20 September
- 2022 Annual Meeting of CEPR Macroeconomics and Growth Programme - 17-18 November
If you have any questions, please contact the STEG Team at [email protected].